Dental Emergencies Only
In response to the Coronavirus, we are only seeing dental emergency patients at this time.
During this critical time in our community, it is important that we all avoid the hospitals for dental related cases. This would only add to the already burdened health care system. Because of this, we are currently offering a special for dental emergency cases which includes an emergency exam and x-ray for only $49. We are are also extending our hours and answering our phone 24 hours a day.
Please give us a call now so we can discuss getting you in to be seen.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
As a valued member of the Metairie Dental Centre family I want to personally update you on steps our practice has taken to protect you and your health in light of the COVID-19 situation. In response to the Coronavirus, we have taken the following additional measures:
1. Our teams are receiving ongoing briefings, training, and enhanced operating protocols as the COVID-19 situation evolves.
2. While we take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene, we have increased the frequency and depth of cleaning in our public areas. This includes wiping down countertops, furniture, door handles, equipment and any other hard surfaces with hospital-grade disinfectant.
3. Effective immediately every staff member will be wearing a face mask at all times. This will cut down on airborne particles both to, and from, staff and minimize the transmission of any airborne pathogens.
4. While the clinical staff washes our hands in between patients, all Metairie Dental Centre staff members will begin to wash their hands regularly throughout the day. Hand washing will be longer and more thorough lasting at least 30 seconds. We will also be asking all patients to use hand sanitizer when entering the office.
5. We will be asking every patient to perform a Listerine and/or Chlorohexidine rinse before treatment that will help to kill viruses and bacteria in their mouth and minimize airborne pathogens. Where and when possible, we will also use the rubber dam to further isolate saliva and any possible contaminants.
6. As much as humanly possible we will be self distancing. This will mean maintaining at least three feet between people for all interpersonal meetings whenever possible. This includes with staff and with patients.
7. We will be using infrared thermometers to take the temperature of all staff members several times a day as well as every patient as they enter the office. Fever is one of the first symptoms of the Coronavirus and this will help us identify possible infected individuals as soon as possible and send them home or refer them for treatment.
8. We ask that all patients with upper respiratory symptoms such as cough, fever, or shortness of breath to please cancel and reschedule your appointments. We advise you to call your family doctor if you have any of these symptoms.
9. If you are elderly or immunocompromised, we recommend that you postpone any non-critical dental care.
10. If you have recently traveled to a country with high rates of the Coronavirus, please reschedule your visit for at least 14 days from the time of your return.
We understand there are a lot of concerns during this time due to the overwhelming amounts of uncertainty but know that the safety and health of our patients and team members remains, as it has always been, our highest priority. As your family dentists, we want to thank you for your continued support and the confidence you have in our practice.
Thomas K. Murphy DDS